- 4 ears Florida sweet corn
- 2 large Florida tomatoes, diced
- 1 large Florida avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup Florida bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, hand-torn
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon powdered cumin
- Your favorite hot sauce (for heat)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat a large skillet over high heat. Add enough oil to prevent the corn from sticking. Pan roast the corn until desired char. Once cool enough to handle, remove the kernels from the corn cob.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and hot sauce.