The BOSH! boys from London have outdone themselves with this plant based veggie burger. I give them credit because they had to eat their way through America to figure this one out! All of their recipes are equally outstanding… this one is amazing!
- 220ml of stout
- 50g Textured Vegetable Protein
- 1 tablespoons of konjac powder
- ½ tablespoon of salt
- 50ml beetroot juice
- ½ onion (finely minced)
- 250g of mushrooms (finely chopped in a food processor)
- 100g of wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoons of black treacle
- ½ tablespoon of red miso
- 1 tablespoons of fresh thyme (minced)
- Preheat the oven to 200’C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the Stout in a saucepan and heat till it’s at a rolling boil.
- Place the textured vegetable protein, konjac and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour the warm stout into a bowl, mix well, add the beetroot juice and mix well.
- Add the oil to a frying pan, place over a medium heat, add the onion, with a pinch of salt and sweat over a low / medium heat until translucent but not coloured.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan (add a splash more oil if needed) and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the onions and the mushrooms from the pan and add them to the bowl of textured vegetable protein. Mix the ingredients together well and add the flexible flavouring ingredients.
- Season to taste and form into patties.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven at 180’C for 30-40 minutes.
Enjoy the entire adventure or watch the Burger Preparation at 9:31